UPDATE: COVERAGE HAS BEGUN
To the uninitiated, this is a stop-by-stop tour through what we believe to be the highlights of the Audio Advice LIVE ’23 show. Yet, this is only a glimpse of the best that high-end home audio and high-end home theater have to offer—each at varying strata of the lifestyle. Here are the debuts (of which there are several) and exhibitions that we found most interesting throughout our coverage of the three-day-long event.
Reporting by Eric Franklin Shook
Do stay tuned-in, as our daily coverage rolls out chronologically over the coming days, and as linked below for quick access.
- Audio Advice LIVE ’23 | PREVIEW
- Audio Advice LIVE ’23 | DAY ONE
- Audio Advice LIVE ’23 | DAY TWO
- Audio Advice LIVE ’23 | DAY THREE
- Audio Advice LIVE ’23 | BEST OF SHOW
PREVIEW ENCLOSED BELOW
Last year’s Audio Advice LIVE event (linked here) went down in the record books. This year Audio Advice LIVE 2023 returns to downtown Raleigh, North Carolina for what’s promised to be a bigger sensation than ever. Over sixty high-end brands have signed on to exhibit at the 2023 show. A colossal selection of new and exciting High-End Home Audio and High-End Home Theater systems will be on exhibition throughout the mind-blowing three-day event of: spectacular music, and stunning motion pictures.
Newcomers be warned: High-End Home Audio is a life changing experience.
Audio Advice LIVE, August 4-6, 2023
Sheraton Raleigh Hotel
421 S. Salisbury St
Raleigh, North Carolina
As a native of the Raleigh area, if I can suggest one thing for out-of-towners, it’s that you make your nightly dinner reservations well-in-advance of the Audio Advice LIVE 2023 event. To help, here’s a list of Downtown Raleigh’s most popular restaurants. However, feel free to explore The Research Triangle and outlying areas, as the best establishments of Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, and surrounding communities are proven award-getters from the nation’s most respected culinary authors.
The Audio Advice LIVE 2023 event is taking place at the Sheraton Raleigh Hotel—the same hotel as last 2022. Additional lodging is available at the Raleigh Marriott City Center located next door to the Sheraton Raleigh Hotel. More information on how-to-attend and what-to-expect is located below. We’ll see you there!
Watch the Audio Advice LIVE ’23 Trailer Below
Uniting the world’s top consumer electronics brands, industry experts, and enthusiasts for an incredible 3-day high-performance event
RALEIGH, NC — Get ready to experience the ultimate audio and video immersion at Audio Advice Live, returning to the Sheraton Hotel in downtown Raleigh, NC from August 4-6, 2023. With over 60 experience rooms and dedicated home theater rooms, attendees can immerse themselves in music and video like never before. This three-day event is the nation’s largest high-end home audio and home theater show catering to consumers, offering a unique opportunity to meet face-to-face with industry experts and more than 80 of the world’s top consumer electronic brands.
“Audio Advice Live is designed to give consumers an opportunity to experience a massively diverse set of home audio and home theater products all in one location,” said Scott Newnam, CEO of Audio Advice. “More and more people are investing to make their homes an oasis where they can enjoy great music, television, and movies with friends and family. After an incredibly successful inaugural event in 2022, we have attracted the top brands from around the world and we could not be more excited to host it right here in Raleigh, North Carolina.”
In addition to the experience rooms, Audio Advice Live features four industry expert panels discussing the newest trends in home theater audio, home theater video, high-performance stereo systems, and turntables. Leading industry experts and influencers will also be talking to attendees and visiting demo rooms throughout the event.
Exclusive On-Site Panel Discussions from Industry Experts:
- Building A High-Quality Home Theater Sound System – Friday, August 4th – 2pm
- The Future of Home Theater Video – Saturday August 5th – 11am
- Trends In High-Performance Audio – Saturday August 5th – 2pm
- The Vinyl Revival: Turntable & Vinyl Must-Haves – Sunday, August 6th – 1pm
“Audio Advice Live 2022 was hands down the most complete and organized event in the home theater and audio category last year. If you miss this show, you are missing out. I can easily see this being one of the key industry events for many years to come.” said Patrick Siebert, C.I. Key Account Manager – JVC/KENWOOD USA
“Last year, when we exhibited at Audio Advice Live, we were struck by a number of things that made it a lock for us to come back this year. The event ran smoothly, there were many great companies on display, and the vibe of the whole event was a celebration of high-performance audio & video. We know it will be even better this year and are excited to be there!” – Bart LoPiccolo, Sales Director – McIntosh Labs, Sonus Faber, and Fine Sounds Americas
“Audio Advice Live was a great surprise for Qobuz. We were expecting a normal, first-year show with all that comes with it. Instead, we found a totally buttoned-up and very professional event. In our opinion, Audio Advice Live will soon be the most relevant regional show in the US. Qobuz is proud to sponsor the 2023 show!” – David Solomon, V.P. Business Development & Chief Hi-Res Music Evangelist – Qobuz USA
What to Expect at Audio Advice Live:
- See & Hear New Gear: The event features experience rooms full of top-notch speakers, projectors, electronics, headphones, and audio/video gear from the biggest names in the industry including Sony, JVC, Samsung, McIntosh, Sonus Faber, Bowers & Wilkins, JBL Synthesis, SVS, KEF, Klipsch, Revel, Monitor Audio, Anthem, and many more.
- Learn from Industry Pros: In addition to the experience rooms, Audio Advice Live features four industry expert panels discussing the newest trends in home theater audio, & video, high-performance stereo systems, and turntables. Leading industry experts and influencers will also be talking to attendees and visiting demo rooms throughout the event.
- Opening Night Kickoff & Concert: The immersive weekend of fun kicks off at Lincoln Theater with a live concert featuring Love Tribe and a special state-of-the-industry keynote address from Audio Advice CEO Scott Newnam on Friday, August 4th at 5:45pm. Following the keynote will be a special performance from Love Tribe, the ultimate high-energy good-time party band playing a wide range of music with a non-stop adrenaline-fueled show that won’t slow down until the last song is through.
Audio Advice Live offers one and three-day pass options for attendees and is open to the public. All show registration passes grant access to the experience rooms and exhibit hall, as well as live panel discussions and the opening kickoff concert at Lincoln Theater on August 4th at 5:45pm. To register for the event or learn more, visit Audio Advice Live (linked here).
ABOUT AUDIO ADVICE
Audio Advice, founded in 1978, is the top home electronics dealer in the Southeastern U.S. and the fastest-growing consumer electronics eCommerce site in the United States. Its showrooms in Raleigh and Charlotte feature state-of-the-art retail settings with a world-class range of audio and acoustic technology, including one of the best selections of high-performance speakers in the United States. Showrooms include fully-immersive listening and home theater demonstration environments and are staffed by some of the most knowledgeable professionals in the country.
Audio Advice has been named “Best Specialty AV Dealer in the U.S.”, by TWICE magazine and has won Triangle Business Journal’s “2022 Best Places To Work” and Newsweek’s “2022 Fastest Growing Online Shops”.
The company offers an extensive library of resources on popular entertainment and home technology products including reviews, tutorials, and design ideas, and offers a free patent-pending Home Theater Design tool to plan and visualize any entertainment room.